Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oh yeah, she's disabled.

You know how, sometimes you've been trucking along for a while almost forgetting that your child has a disability, and then WHAMMOOOO - it slaps you hard across the face to remind you that, oh yeah, it's still there - never left?

That's where we are this week. And I'm really not doing okay with it. Neither is K

I know it's going to be okay - it just feels really rough right now. VeeGee's therapists confirmed her need for AFOs yesterday (I know that's not really a big deal) and today with her OT was just WAY emotional. They think she needs to also be seeing a psychologist to help her deal with some of the abuse/neglect issues that caused her to be taken from her birthmom and that are exacerbating her already pretty severe SPD. I'm just so so so sad for her. And freakin' pissed at her birthmom/grandfather.

And tonight I have to get up in front of a bunch of people to read from my book that I don't even care about any more. I'm having DH introduce me at the event and we're both just kind of shell-shocked so we have no reserve of humor/wit/savoir faire to bring to this tonight. And, VeeGee, of course, be in the audience yelling at me, I'm sure.

I'm sorry to whine.


Oh, and we've totally nixed the feeding stuff. . . . . .

No comments: