Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Out Cold

.
She ran a fever all night, but as of a minute ago it was down (higher than her normal temp, but still down). Whew! She also seems more alert.

I had the strangest thing happen to me in the middle of the night. I had gone to bed feeling kind of queasy, but I'd only eaten one meal yesterday and it was something fried, which I don't normally eat, so I wasn't too worried. I don't know if I've mentioned here on this board that I have Crohn's Disease, so nausea is pretty much modus operandi.

Well, I got up to get her some water (she's wanting a lot of water!!!!! ) at, I think, around 2 and felt really really dizzy and queasy, cold sweaty, the whole nine yards. I started toward the bathroom and woke up, god knows how much later, on the floor. I have fainted before, but usually during a tachycardia episode. I've never just fallen on the floor and not remembered getting there. I must not have even put my arms out to catch myself because I have a nice knot on my forehead, and my knee is pretty banged up. When I woke up VeeGee was calling for me "Mommy, wake up!!" and I had no idea where I was or what had happened and just had that impulse to keep laying there until I realized the floor was cold and that the nurses might come in and see me there. So, it was embarrassment, really, that actually got me up.

I had one more almost-episode like that at around four, but just sat down instead of trying to make it to the bathroom.

I'm feeling pretty out of sorts this morning. So, I'm calling uncle and have asked dh to come and help me out. I hate doing it because it's SO his busy season, but I'm not a lot of good to VeeGee if I'm laying on the floor, huh?

It was so freaky.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to be the parent during extended hospital stays. I've done it too. I think you made the right choice asking for help. It doesn't seem like staying in one place should wear you out so dag gone much does it. I hope your little one grows stronger every day... and you too mama.

Carolyn R. Parsons said...

Oh dear, that's not good...glad you are getting help and hope little one gets better soon!

ps..thanks for the follow